Monday, February 17, 2014

Mushroom Coconut Soup

There is just something about winter and soups that warms the soul. 
The cold weather does start to wear on me after a few months, but soups somehow make it all a little more enjoyable.


I made this soup a few weeks ago on a cold, snowy night. The kids and I loved it. Kyle was out of town so he missed out.


I love our view and the colors we get to see dance across the sky each evening.


This soup is very simple and easy to make. It is easy to change or adapt to your liking and is loaded with vegetables! Something I try really hard to incorporate in as many meals as I can!


Ingredients:
1/2 pound of mushrooms (crimini or baby bellos)
1 large onion, 
2 tablespoons miso paste
3 cloves garlic crushed (or more if that's your thing!)
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 can light coconut milk
1 teaspoon paprika
4 large carrots
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes 
broccoli florets
1 can chickpeas
tofu (optional - I didn't use)

1. Chop all produce ingredients.

2. Cook the mushrooms, onions, broccoli, and garlic in the coconut oil, just until slightly soft. Add the coconut milk, paprika, red pepper flakes, and several cups of water or rice milk.

3. After 10 minutes of simmering add the carrots and cook 3-4 minutes. I like crunchier carrots, so feel free to cook a little longer if you want them softer.

4. Right before serving add your kale and stir until it wilts but stays bright green








1 comment:

  1. You had me at miso and coconut milk! What a gorgeous dish. I hope Kyle has the opportunity to try it soon!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your beautiful comment was very encouraging as I have been unwell recently. Much love .
    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...